If proofs of tampering with rating algorhythms surface, the show in question may receive a point multiplier of 0.
Evidence will be reviewed on a per-case basis. Guilty will be sanctioned.
It is imperative that show protocols are uploaded at manager's interface dedicated section.
Only participants with 300 or more points may be nominated.
Points are scored for the following titles:
- Titles awarded at Best in Show.
- Titles awarded at mono- and multibreed shows.
- Titles awarded at Rings.
Best in Show
Points from Best in Show awards are multiplied by show category multiplier, explained in table 1.
Only cats to receive an expert evaluation in any show day are considered participants. Participation in breed shows and rings does not count.
Table 1 - Participant number and show category:
|Category I||49-80 participants||0,5|
|Category II||81-150 participants||1|
|Category III||151-300 participants||2|
|Category IV||301 participants or more||3|
|Category V||550 participants or more||4|
Points earned at TopCat National Finals are multiplied by 2.
Points earned at TopCat International Finals are multiplied by 3.
that the procedure for holding Best in Show is determined and monitored by show organizers (including the number of hair groups)!
There are two ways to host a Best in Show:
FORMAT 1 - Best cat is chosen in each show class: Baby, Kitten, Junior, Neuter, Veteran and, separetely in Adults - best Adult cats are pu places in the Best of Best.
FORMAT 2 - Best cat is chosen in each hair group and winners are given places (I, II, III, ...)
Litter categoryIn the Litter category, one best litter is chosen from among the present ones. (Age in the Litter category: 10-12 weeks)
One best litter is chosen in Litter show class. (age: 10-12 weeks).
Kitten, Junior, Neuter, Veteran category.Titles at Best in Show in the following categories:
- Kitten (3-6 months)
- Kitten (6-10 months) /Junior
- Neuter (more than 10 months)
- Veteran (more than 8 years)
may be awarded in accordance with the following schemes:
The category includes following classes:
- Kitten (3-6 months)
- Kitten-Junior (6-10 months)
- Neuter (10+ months)
- Veteran (8+ years)
Award and point rules for this category are explained in the following chart.
- Kitten (3-6), Kitten (6-10)/Junior
- Household Pet
that that the Best in Show procedure is determined and monitored by show organizers (including the number of hair groups)!
Adult cats are divided into the following hair groups within Best in Show:
-SIA/ORI (siamese oriental shorthair)
If there are less than 15 animals in a main category (LH, SLH, SH, SOSH), the categories are merged in the following manner:
- LH and SLH
- SOSH and SH
- HL and SIA/ORI
If a mono-breed show is held on an exhibition, and there are more than 15 pets of that breed, this group may be presented in BiS as a separate category (his should be negotiated with responsible organisation when the license is being issued).
As such, more than standard 4 hair groups may take part in Best in Show, and if so: cats are given places (e.g. I, II, III, ... VII etc) and opposite sex are awarded a title in their group.
Best Supreme and Best General winners can be chosen at a show.
- Show hosts choose whether or not to have Best Supreme and Best general award at a given show, this is not obligatory;
- If show hosts choose to have these awards at the show - participants should be notified beforehand.
- Winners and given awards should be recorded and documented during the show.
Best General competition is held at the end of the show day, following groups may compete:
- Winners from all day's rings and shows
- Best in Show categories:
- Young (Baby, Kitten, Junior)
- Neuter (Neuter, Kitten-Neuter, Junior-Neuter)
- Experts vote and choose the winner among the competitors.
Best General award yields a fixed amount of points, category multiplier does not apply.
- Best Supreme competition is held at the end of the show;
- This show's Best General winners compete for the Best Supreme title.
- Experts vote and choose the winner among the competitors;
- Best Supreme title may not be awarded on a single day exhibition. (Exception is the case of 2 shows (each with a dedicated license) are held on the same day.)
Best Supreme award yields a fixed amount of points, category multiplier does not apply.
Best General and Best Supreme protocols are to be upliaded in the Documents section.
Multisystem show champion
Multisystem show champion - a winner at a multisystem show, nominated by any participating system. If the show in question was hosten on TopCat - the cat in question is awarded a "Multisystem Show Champion" title (introduced in 2015) and receives 300 points.
Monobreed shows (Special Show):
- 1. Best of Breed
- 2. Ring
Monobreed is a show, in which competitors share the same breed, or a number of closely related breeds.
Example: KBS + KBL, SFS + SCS, BRI + BLH, SIA + ORI, SRS + SRL, PER + EXO, ACS + ACL, etc.
- Monobreed shows may not have participants with non-related breeds.
- Special Show's name should reflect and define the feature of competitors.
Best of Breed
Point gain depends on the amount of competitors in the given age group. Point gain for Best and Opposite Sex are presented in table 6.
Best of Breed + 25 points.
Age groups in Best of Breed:
Table 6 – Monobreed shows.
|Number of participants||Best…(in its age group /see above/)||Oposite sex|
|Number of participants - min.4|
- Adult ring
- Kitten\Junior ring
- Torties ring
- Aboriginal breed ring
Some universal rules apply to WCF Rings and Fun Shows:
All the age groups (except for Litter) are further subdivided into two groups by sex.
Best of Breed may be held in the following manner:
Format 1 - As a separate show
Format 2 - In accordance with the expert's judgement results (on the table)
Points for Best of Breed may be awarded in accordance with the results of an expertise of the breed by an expert. Upon the completion of the judging process, the expert may fill in the Best of Breed table in the minutes and determine the winners. If 2 or more experts judge the breed, each expert should fill in the minutes, and all the experts should agree final minutes for Best of Breed.
Points for Best of Breed may be awarded in accordnance with expert's judgement results. Upon finishing their judgement, the expert may fill the Best of Breed table and determine the winners. If a number of experts are judging the same breed - each should fill their Best of Breed paper, and then come to a consensus on Best of Breed places distribution.
Points gained from these competitions are not affected by the show category multiplier.
Rings may be hosted for a number of participant groups (within a breed, within an age group or others: colour, patterns, background, breed characteristics, etc.)
- The minimum number of participants exceeds 3
- The maximum number of participants is equal or below 10
- 1) Rings in the category Super-Show: MASTER RING, DOUBLE MASTER RING, TRIPLE MASTER RING, WORLD MASTER RING, DIAMOND RING, OLYMPIA RING should be held in accordance with the rules of the
organization that has issued the corresponding license.
Points earned on these rings are not affected by TopCat Multiplier.
2) It is possible to hold a "Super-Show" in the following format: National Cup, Cups of the Republic or Region, etc.
Super-Show can be held once a year:
- Cup of the Country (Russia, Ukraine, Republic and Region, etc.)
- Cup of the Republic (Bashkortostan, Tatarstan, Mordovija, etc.)
- Cup of the Region (Oregnburg Cup, Moscow Cup, Novosibirsk Cup, etc.)
All Best in Show (Best of Best 1, Best Kitten, Best Junior, Best Neuter, Best Veteran), rings (1 and 2 place) and mono-breed (Best of Breed) show winners, that have won in the indicated country, republic or region during the relevant rating season , can participate in the Super-Show.
Application for its conduction should be sent directly to TOP CAT. firstname.lastname@example.org
Scoring of the points for the Super-Show is the same as for the Master-Ring.
3) Scoring of the points in the Super-Rings (Master, Double Master, etc.) and in the Super-Show depends on the amount of cats in the rings. (cat count)
- 10 points per show day may be earned for Best in Show nomination;
- Show category multiplier applied.
- All the breeders whose pets are registered on TopCat portal participate in this contest.
- The winner in this category should be determined in accordance with the number of points scored by the pets he/she has bred, registered both in his/her cattery or in other catteries/clubs/owners, for one calendar year.
- All the catteries whose pets are registered on TopCat portal participate in this contest.
- The winner in this category should be determined in accordance with the number of points scored by the pets registered in this category during a TopCat rating season.
- The registered breeder, whose cats were, for 5 years:
- Appearing in annual rating Top-10
- Appearing in annual Best of Breed
Point gain depends on the amount of participants, and is explained in Table 7.
No two competitions, similar or otherwise, with the same set of participants are allowed in one day. TopCat reserves the right to delete all but one of such competitions in a show.
Table 7 – Rings
|Number of participants / place||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
SUPER-SHOWS: CUPS OF THE REPUBLICS OF RUSSIA AND COUNTRIES, MASTER RING, DOUBLE MASTER RING, TRIPLE MASTER RING, WORLD MASTER RING, DIAMOND RING, OLYMPIA RING.
Table 8 – Super-Show.
|Number of participants / place||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
Show category multipliers do not affect these rings.